Born in Łódź, April 7, 1961
Son of sculptor Włodzimierz Ciesielski and textile designer Maria Zielińska.
Graduate of the High School of Art and Design in Łódź, 1981.
Studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Łódź at the faculty of Graphics 1981-1987.
Diploma at the atelier of prof. Andrzej Bartczak and prof. Stanisław Łabędzki, January 1988.
Graphics: intaglio 1984-1986, linocut 1986-1990.
Sculpture: since 1985.
Since 1985 sculptures in churches: sculptures and reliefs in wood (lime and oak)
- 1988 - participation in the Second Spring Salon in Lodz.
- 1988 - Individual graphics exhibition at Galeria’78 Cultural Centre Karolew in Lodz.
- 1989 - Individual graphics exhibition at gallery Piwnica Piotrkowska’86 in Lodz.
- 1990 - Individual graphics exhibition at Cultural Centre Lokator in Lodz.
- 2010 - Individual sculpture exhibition at Akademia Humanistyczno-Ekonomiczna in Lodz „Rękodzieła”.
- 2010 - Individual sculpture exhibition at Łódzki Dom Kultury in Lodz.
- 2013 - Collegiate church of All Saints in Sieradz - an exhibition of sculpture, together with his father Włodzimierz Ciesielski.
Since 1997 secular sculptures
- 1986 - Saint Anthony’s church in Zduńska Wola - altar wall, altar and pulpit (oak). Partnership with Włodzimierz Ciesielski
- 1987 - Saint Stanisław Kostka’s church in Płock - reliefs in lime wood.
- 1988-1992 - Saint John the Baptist’s church in Kutno - altar wall, statue of Jesus the Saviour, altars in the aisles and Stations of the Cross - reliefs in lime wood.
- 1993 - The chapel of Salesian Missionary Centre in Warsaw - altar wall - relief in lime wood.
- 2008 - The Divine Mercy’s church in Brzesko - reliefs in chapels (lime wood). Partnership with Włodzimierz Ciesielski.
- 2008 - Salesian church in Żyrardów - Stations of the Cross and altar wall - reliefs in lime wood. Partnership with Włodzimierz Ciesielski.
- 2011 - Good Shepherd’s church - portrait of cardinal
Stefan Wyszyński - relief in lime wood.
Private sculptures since 1997
- 2004 - Stud farm in Dzierżązna near Łódź - relief in the entrance gate 2x1,5m (epoxy resin, bronze imitation).
- 2007 - Stud farm in Ciosny near Łódź - fountain 3x2x1,5m (epoxy resin, sandstone imitation).
- 2008 - Wyższa Szkoła Humanistyczno Ekonomiczna in Łódź - commemorative plaque 60x75cm (bronze).
- 2010 - Interior decoration in a classicist palace in Opypy - sculptures and reliefs in wood (elm and poplar).
- 2011 - Tymianka near Łódź - fountain 1,5m (epoxy resin cast with bronze filings).
- 2011 - Ruciane-Nida - fountain in the harbour 2,1m
(epoxy resin cast with bronze filings).
- 2004-2007 - series „Wyrosłe z natury” (Grown from Nature) - reliefs and sculptures in alder.
- 2008-2009 - series „Rękodzieła” (Handicrafts) - reliefs and sculptures in stone and epoxy resin (imitation of bronze).
- 2008 - series „Z głowy” (From Head) sculptures in epoxy resin (imitation of bronze).
- 2011 - nudes series - sculptures in epoxy resin cast with bronze filings 20x15x10cm.
- 2011 - series „Relacje" (Relations) - sculptures in epoxy resin cast with bronze filings 43-69cm.
- 2014 – series „Moje symfonie” – reliefs from poplar wood, 130-230 cm high.
Copyright © 2012 Rafał Ciesielski ul. Patriotyczna 32 93-452 Łódź, Poland tel. +48 883 210 699 firstname.lastname@example.org